It’s common to have concerns about wearing dentures. How will they look and feel? Will they slip around or fall out and embarrass you? At Optima Dental Spa in Portland and Lake Oswego, we understand the concerns you might have about dentures. They love giving you natural-looking dentures that help you smile with confidence.
We remember that your smile is a reflection of your personality. They have the artistic talent required to ensure your dentures are a natural-looking fit for your facial features and personality.
The following steps ensure your dentures fit well and look natural:
- Preliminary impressions – The impressions of your mouth gather the details of your arch and are used to make a customized tray for your final impressions. Preliminary impressions ensure your dentures are stable and secure. At times, your existing denture can be used to make the impression.
- Custom tray – Impression material is placed in the custom tray to produce a highly accurate mold of your mouth.
- Wax model – You will be able to closely examine and try in a wax model of your dentures for a preview of how your new smile will look and feel. If you’re hesitant about how your teeth look, the wax model will be changed or completely remade. You have to love it before we proceed.
- Dentures – Your dentures will be made in our on-site laboratory by our ceramist who uses quality materials and works closely with our dentists to ensure high-quality, highly aesthetic results.
What Are Your Options?
Removable complete dentures
You can receive removable complete dentures for your upper arch, lower arch, or both. The upper denture is kept in place by suction, and the lower denture rests on your gums.
Your dentures can be stabilized with dental implants. The implants are surgically placed in your jawbone. As few as two implants can be used to support your dentures, but more implants increase stability.
Supporting your dentures with implants has several advantages:
- Increases comfort and provides stability – Your dentures will not rest on your jawbone, nor will they slip around or fall out.
- Improves chewing efficiency – When you eat, your dentures won’t slip or lift.
- Improves speech – You’ll be able to enunciate more clearly because your dentures won’t slip and cause you to slur words or mumble.
- Stimulates bone growth – Implants stimulate your jawbone and help prevent shrinkage that occurs when all of your teeth are missing. The bone will continue to support your facial muscles, and you won’t have to worry about facial collapse.
Interested in Cosmetic Dentures?
If you are interested in receiving natural-looking cosmetic dentures, call us for a complimentary consultation or schedule an appointment online.