With a same-day CEREC crown, you can arrive at our office with a broken tooth or lost crown and leave with it completely restored. In minutes, your new crown will be crafted in our office.
What Is a CEREC Crown?
A dental crown (“cap”) protects a tooth that is badly damaged or decayed. It covers an entire tooth from the gumline to the chewing surface.
Same-day CEREC crowns are made using in-office CAD/CAM technology. In just one visit, impressions of your teeth are taken, a custom crown is made, and the restoration is bonded to your tooth.
Advantages of Same-Day Crowns
- Precision – An intraoral camera is used to take digital impressions of your teeth. The impressions help our doctors accurately prepare your natural tooth for the crown. The impressions will be sent to a milling machine in our office that will craft a precisely fitting crown.
- Aesthetics – We will select a ceramic block that matches the color of your natural teeth and place it in the milling machine. You will receive a natural-looking restoration.
- Comfort – Your crown will be checked for fit. When you are comfortable with the way it looks and feels, it will be polished and bonded to your natural tooth. There is no need to wear a temporary crown that might irritate your tooth or gums.
- Metal-free – Same-day CEREC crowns are metal-free ceramic crowns. If you have metal allergies or sensitivities, you won’t have to worry about an adverse reaction to the restoration.
- Saves time – Unlike a traditional crown that requires two appointments, only one appointment is needed for a same-day CEREC crown. It takes about 20 minutes to make the crown, so you won’t have to wear a temporary crown while a lab makes the permanent one. And you won’t have to return to our office for the crown to be bonded to your tooth. The entire procedure is completed in a single visit.
How Long Will It Last?
A same-day CEREC crown can last ten to twenty years or longer if you take good care of it. Brush twice daily and floss daily to prevent gum disease and decay beneath the crown. Let our team know if you clench or grind your teeth. These habits put extra pressure on your crown and can damage it. We will tell you what can be done to protect your crown.
Interested in CEREC Crowns?
If you’re interested in protecting and restoring a tooth with a same-day CEREC crown, request an appointment for a complimentary consultation. Call us or schedule an appointment online.