Zirconia ceramic crowns are made with zirconium dioxide, an exceptionally strong material used in aerospace technology that is often referred to as ceramic steel. These metal-free crowns produce natural-looking results. In Portland, Lake Oswego & Bellevue, Our team uses zirconia crowns to beautifully restore teeth and enhance your smile.
Zirconia Crown Characteristics
- Exceptional strength resists fractures and breaks
- Long-term reliability and strength for back teeth and dental bridges—restorations for which porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are commonly used
- Virtually no risk of allergic reaction
- Insulate teeth and limit sensitivity to cold and heat
- Metal-free and won’t develop a dark line at your gumline
- Color, translucency, and shade similar to natural teeth
- Aesthetics can be enhanced by baking porcelain onto the surface; the crowns will mimic the look of your natural teeth.
What’s the Process?
- Your damaged tooth will be reshaped to ensure the zirconia crown will fully cover and protect it.
- We’ll take digital impressions of your teeth to craft a precisely fitting crown.
- Our in-house ceramist will make a customized crown for you. Meanwhile, you’ll wear a temporary crown.
- When your zirconia crown is ready, we will remove the temporary one and clean your natural tooth.
- Your new crown will be placed over your tooth and checked for color and fit.
- If your zirconia crown looks and feels great, it will be bonded to your natural tooth.
How to Care for Zirconia Crowns
- Daily floss around crowns and brush them, just as you care for your natural teeth.
- Keep your regularly scheduled appointments for dental cleanings and exams.
- Let us know if you clench or grind your teeth. We can provide a customized mouth guard to protect your crowns.
Request a Complimentary Consultation
Achieving beautiful results with zirconia crowns requires great skill. Our team has advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, along with the skill of our on-site ceramist, will ensure your crowns enhance your smile with natural beauty.
If you are interested in this treatment, contact our office to schedule an appointment for a complimentary consultation. Call us or book an appointment online.