A new smile. A new you. Porcelain veneers can beautifully restore a single tooth or transform your entire smile. In just a few visits, your teeth can glisten, have symmetry, and look completely natural. Our team at Optima Dental Spa has received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry and produce lifelike results with porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very thin wafers of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth. They are used in your “smile zone,” or the teeth that show when you smile. Porcelain is a ceramic material that can be skilfully manipulated to have the translucency, color, and characteristics of natural teeth. This cosmetic treatment corrects a variety of imperfections in teeth, including:
- Irregular or poor shape
Why Choose a Dental Artist?
Porcelain veneers can be placed by any general dentist. But it takes an artistic cosmetic dentist to create a smile makeover that fits your preferences and personality and beautifully corrects the problems with your teeth.
In addition to artistic inclination, a dental artist has received significant post-graduate education to learn about the techniques and tools required to manipulate porcelain for color and translucency so it matches your natural teeth or gives you the smile makeover of your choice. We have great cosmetic dentists who practice—and continually train in—the art of smile design.
Designing Your Smile Makeover with Porcelain Veneers
We will examine your teeth and take digital x-rays. Then, you will be involved in the process of designing your smile makeover. We will talk to you and listen closely to understand your preferences for your new smile.
You will see our catalog of smile makeovers that our dentists have designed. It will help you make decisions about the details for your own smile, including:
The design process continues with the following steps:
- Our team will use your input, personality, and facial features, along with his or her artistic talent and experience, to make a wax-up of your new smile.
- If necessary, your teeth will be lightly shaved to ensure the veneers will look and feel natural.
- When you’re absolutely happy with the look of the wax-up, it will be used to make provisional veneers.
- You’ll wear the provisional veneers for a week or two to see how your smile makeover will look and feel. And we ensure you’re delighted with them before impressions are taken and given to our ceramist to make your porcelain veneers. Otherwise, the temporary veneers will be adjusted or remade until we achieve the results you want.
- When your porcelain veneers are ready, a try-in paste will be used so you can test them out. You’ll wear them to ensure they look and feel exactly as you want. If you have any hesitation, our ceramist will adjust or completely remake them.
- When you are confident that you have received the smile makeover you’ve always wanted, your veneers will be permanently bonded to your teeth.
At Optima Dental Spa, your porcelain veneers will be crafted by our ceramist in our on-site dental lab. We provide a variety of options, including ultra-thin veneers. Our dentists and ceramist work closely together to ensure you receive the right option to give you a gorgeous natural-looking smile.
The photos below show how our team used porcelain veneers to restore a patient’s front teeth that were worn, chipped, and uneven. The patient now has a beautiful smile that looks healthy and natural.
A Complimentary Consultation for Porcelain Veneers
If you are interested in a stunning smile makeover, call us for an appointment or complete our online scheduling form. If you prefer to meet with one of our dentists first and ask a few questions, request a complimentary consultation.
Call us to schedule a consultation, or book an appointment online.