Full-mouth reconstruction involves restoring or replacing all of your teeth. The necessity for this treatment can be caused by trauma, genetic defects, severe decay, or damage. At Optima Dental Spa in Portland/Lake Oswego, we provide full-mouth reconstruction by combining the science of recreating a healthy, functional smile with the art of making your smile transformation look completely natural.
Full-mouth construction can involve multiple dental treatments. The treatment you receive depends on your case. One or more of the following treatments might be recommended:
- CEREC crowns – Dental crowns (also called “caps”) protect damaged or badly decayed teeth. A crown covers the entire tooth—from the gumline to the biting surface. CEREC crowns are made in our office while you wait.
- Porcelain veneers – Thin wafers of porcelain are bonded to the front of your teeth. They restore teeth that are discolored, have spaces between them, or are misshaped or misaligned. Read the details on our porcelain veneers page.
- Bridges – At least three dental crowns are joined to replace one or more missing teeth. The crowns on the ends of the bridge are placed on the teeth adjacent to the missing one(s) and serve as anchors for the bridge. Crowns for the replacement teeth are located in the center of the bridge. Instead of using your natural teeth, dental implants can be used to anchor a bridge.
- Dental implants – Implants mimic the structure of natural teeth. Artificial root forms are surgically implanted in your jawbone and, after a healing period, dental crowns are attached to them. They are the most effective and natural-looking form of tooth replacement. For more information, visit our dental implants page.
- Implant overdentures – Cosmetic dentures are made to produce natural-looking results. Dental implants can be used to support dentures, add stability, and prevent bone loss.
- Metal-free dentistry – If you have metal allergies or sensitivities, we will ensure you receive restorations that are biocompatible.
The photos below show how we used porcelain crowns for one full-mouth reconstruction case. We restored teeth that were damaged, decayed, and uneven and gave the patient a healthy beautiful smile.
Full-Mouth Reconstruction Consultation
If you need full-mouth reconstruction and want a healthy, functional, and beautiful smile that lasts, contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Combined, we have more than 20 years of experience and training in transforming smiles with implantology and cosmetic dentistry. We also provide sedation dentistry to make your visits comfortable and relaxing. And all phases of your dental treatment can be completed in our office.
After a CT scan, we will explain your options for replacing any missing teeth and restoring your smile. Your treatment plan can be completed in phases based on your schedule and budget.
Call us to schedule a consultation, or book an appointment online.