“The pinnacle of great dentistry combines art, science, and human compassion.”- Dr. Mo Saleh
Dr. Saleh was born in Jordan and moved to the United States in 1989 after graduating from high school. He completed his undergraduate studies at Southern Illinois University (SIU) in Carbondale, Illinois.
His background in art, along with his passion for patient care, influenced his decision to pursue a career in dentistry and attend the SIU School of Dental Medicine. In 1998, he earned his doctorate in dental medicine.
After falling in love with the Pacific Northwest during a brief visit, in 2000, Dr. Saleh relocated to Portland. “There’s nowhere else I’d rather be living, working, and raising my family than in the Portland, Oregon area,” says Dr. Saleh. “The people, places, and things to do are simply incredible here.” In 2001, he established the original Optima Dental office in Lake Oswego.
Commitment to excellent patient care and advanced learning, and integrating the latest dental technology have earned Dr. Saleh a high level of admiration by both patients and colleagues. He has built a solid foundation in implant, cosmetic, and sedation dentistry by training alongside the most admired and respected pioneers in these fields, including Dr. Carl Misch, Dr. Michael Pikos, and many others.
Some of Dr. Saleh’s accomplishments include:
- Among the first to bring metal-free dental implant technology to the United States, and the very first to do so in Oregon
- First to acquire 3D cone-beam imaging technology from Japan, now considered the standard of care for the diagnostic and surgical planning of dental implants
- Among the first to utilize placental tissue grafts to replace and repair gum and periodontal tissue
He continues to give back to the dental industry by training dentists in advanced implant and sedation techniques. In addition, he actively mentors many dentists throughout their careers.
- Mastership with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate with the American Dental Implant Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Dental Implant Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- The Oregon Academy of General Dentistry
- The American Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Oregon Dental Association
When he is not practicing dentistry, Dr. Saleh enjoys spending time with his wife, Dr. Rima Shaer and their five children. He also enjoys many sports and various outdoor activities.